Optimized Cost Management Begins With Diesel Power
In per volume performance, diesel fuel provides more useful energy than any other commonly available liquid fuel. It is core power source for efficient operation of farm, transportation and construction equipment. It is also favored by the U.S. military, major industrial facilities, and as a generator power source in remote Alaska villages. Obviously the best method for controlling fuel costs in construction begins with optimized cost management of diesel power.
According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, diesel fuel accounted for around twenty-one percent of the 2016 U.S. transportation sector consumption of petroleum fuels (U.S. Energy Information Administration (eia), “Diesel Fuel Explained“). Less explosive as well as less flammable than other fuel types, diesel is safer to store and safer for the construction workers who make use of it. Diesel driven engines also function more efficiency and with more stability than gasoline-fueled equipment. This means less delay due to stalled equipment.
In this article the Assignar workforce and asset allocation and planning software techs detail how a digital construction solution can help you get the most out of your diesel-fueled construction equipment.
Controlled and Monitored Fuel Costs
Whether pricey or inexpensive, the cost of motor fuels plays a major role in your company’s bottom line profits. Yet many construction firms overlook the benefits of computer-based fuel management service options. Here are some ways that state-of-the-art software can help you control and monitor fuel usage and expenses:
- Real Time Fuel Tracking – Implements an unattended automated fuel control system
- Complete Fuel Management Solutions – Implements features designed for companies that operate their own fueling platform
- Targeted Fuel Tracking and Feedback – Implements strategic fuel procurement processes thereby advancing a stable and optimized fuel inventory
- Reduces Fuel-Related Disruptions – Implements better internal coordination and communication so as to ensure reliable tracking of fuel inventories
- Eliminates Inefficient Refueling – Implements per-vehicle as well fuel tracking.
- Proactive Alarm Management – Implements accurate real-time feedback on the status of fuel storage tanks and the need for refills
- Optimized Maintenance Regimes – Implements cost management over tank maintenance and environmental compliance
- Reduces Issues Involving Issues of Unresolved Compliance – Implements proactive balances and checks that help prevent overfills, initiate quicker response to signs of undetected leaks, and reduces the possibility of unnoticed violations
- Reduces Fuel Theft – Implements real-time inventory tracking with automated shortage alarms.
Optimized Construction Fuel Cost Management – Equipment Operation
Although not directly related to computer resources, enhanced fuel services also involves processes directly linked to equipment operation and better preventative equipment maintenance. Enhancing the fuel storage tank filtration system ensures better overall fuel quality: in the storage tank as well as in the tanks of the respective construction equipment. Control the cost. Improve the miles per gallon consumption rate. Reduce the costs of per vehicle maintenance.
“Our entire asset base is mobile, we operate without a central depot, Assignar gives us the flexibility to align jobs to regions where our assets are based. We track where our assets are, and cross reference that with the jobs. Our drivers operate remotely, saving us fuel, toll, and driving time.” – Lee Vossen, CEO – Allround Group (Read case study)
Learn more about how the Assignar workforce and asset allocation and planning software can help you control fuel costs in construction. Out technology enables better communication between dispatchers, management, operators and jobsites. By reducing excess fuel waste, theft and storage safety issues, your company can reap a better bottom line.
Act now to reduce fuel costs via construction-based technology.