Round 4 of the Building Better Regions Fund’s (BBRF) Infrastructure Stream is focussed on supporting drought-affected areas through construction, upgrades or extension of infrastructure. The investment from the Federal Government hopes to support the regions economically and socially.
Federal Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development, Michael McCormack, said that “Regional Australia has withstood one of the most devastating bushfire seasons, floods and now a global pandemic – to say they’ve been hit hard in recent times, is an understatement…their strength and spirit will lead Australia’s recovery through grass-roots projects – creating jobs, boosting local economies and growing confidence in regional communities as a great place to live, work and invest”.
Notable projects include:
- Tenterfield Water Treatment Plant replacement, New South Wales ($2,645,000)
- Disability Respite Care Facility in Goondiwindi, Queensland ($589,523)
- Construction of Ravensthorpe Cultural precinct in Western Australia ($5,275,800)
- Extension of Bogan Shire Medical Centre in Nyngan, New South Wales ($350,218)
- WQLX Transit and Spelling Facility upgrade in Longreach, Queensland ($719,548)
- WINGS ‘Our Youth, Our Future’ Redevelopment in Wilcannia NSW (The project will demolish the aged corrugated iron building and construct a new purpose-built facility) ($1,656,150)
The continuous investment from the Federal Government into regional Australia supports not only the community but also regional self-perform and subcontractors. Fierce competition between regional and city subcontractors often exists for major projects across Australia. Thankfully with this investment, the Government is taking a stand to support local subcontractors with these regional infrastructure projects.
Assignar supports regional subcontractors
Assignar is an operations platform for self-perform and subcontractors. We support regional subcontractors such as Lunar Mining, Busselton Civil and Ted Wilsons & Sons (TWS). As infrastructure projects continue to be fast-tracked by the Government, now is the right time to optimise your processes to mitigate project delays. Don’t get bogged down in paperwork and bottlenecks. Digitise your processes and schedule your crews and equipment efficiently.