Successful construction companies have always stayed on the cutting edge of technology. From shovels to backhoes, hammers to nail guns, brushes to paint sprayers, leading the pack or falling behind has often meant employing cost-cutting measures to remain competitive.
Imagine bidding on a major job without compressors to reduce labor costs. But today’s construction industry is being driven by information technology as well as tools. That’s why it’s important to ask yourself if it’s time upgrade your operations software. Consider these questions:
- Are you spending too much time managing information?
- Are you potentially losing profits due to inefficient data management?
- Do customers ask for reports using programs you don’t have?
- Do you suffer scheduling conflicts or workflow problems?
- Can all your important employees and stakeholders access necessary information remotely?
- Does your technology position you well for the future?
Many small outfits feel that basic computer tools such as Excel spreadsheets are sufficient. Unfortunately, just getting by in this demanding information age means falling behind. It means spending more time to accomplish less, reduced profitability and ultimately being outbid by even smaller competitors. However, by incorporating workforce, asset allocation and planning software into your business you can operate at a higher level and remain competitive.
What operation software should do
Operation / multi resource scheduling software brings together important company information and streamlines it in a way that reduces inefficiencies, increases productivity and stops things like expired licenses from falling through the cracks.
- Timesheets: The software allows you to collect and store timesheets from fieldworkers through its Fieldworker app.
- Build and Collect Custom Forms: Assignar helps collect things such as safety reviews, leave of absence requests and other key data through custom designed forms that can be sent and collected through the Fieldworker phone or device app. All the information can be conveniently stored in a single location for you to review.
- Enhanced Communication: The Assignar dashboard becomes a virtual control center that brings together pertinent information and additionally allows you to direct message important stakeholders. You can generate messages to individuals or groups about scheduling, alerts and items that require immediate attention in real time.
- Strategic Planning: The program’s dashboard brings together your company’s equipment assets and qualified staff members. You’ll be able to schedule the right people with the right equipment and location and then send workers in the field that information. It’s like having an experienced foreman directing a work crew.
- Improved Invoicing: Generating an accurate invoice often means gathering information from various sources, compiling, and reviewing for accuracy. Assignar can track and store that information in a single location that streamlines time and increases accuracy.
For construction companies that are interested in operational software, Assignar can serve as an upgrade to stay on the cutting edge. For those who are still trying to get by with basic computer programs, this is an opportunity to automate. Whether you have 20 or 2,000 employees, subcontractors or stakeholders, this construction software can save you time and money.