Construction project managers are like great conductors. Conductors make sure each section, and every instrument in a section is on stage, plays on cue, and each musician acts in a manner consistent with the conductor’s direction. Construction project managers make sure that equipment is on site, workers show up and take their assigned jobs and all work in concert for a great job.
Conductors follow the sheet music for every performance, what similar tools are at a construction project manager’s fingertips?
Tools for Construction Management
Excel was a lifesaver for project managers – they could turn an assorted variety of sticky notes and thoughts on the backs of napkins to the discipline of a spreadsheet. But, before they blinked, managing the spreadsheets became nearly a full-time job. One way to attack the mountains of spreadsheets is with software that can be used for Multi-resource scheduling. Various software programs designed for large corporation are doing a good job, but are quite often expensive and not cloud based, making it hard to implement new features.
What You Need to Know About Multi-Resource Scheduling
The aim of Multi-resource scheduling is to get personnel, supplies, and equipment to a job site on time. Workers have all their documents with them, supplies are checked in and entered into inventory, and equipment is on site and properly inspected. In addition, compliance requirements are met and reports are easily accessible.
There is software to do all this from one dashboard. Assignar is the software, and here is what it does for Multi-resource scheduling.
Assignar is a Multi-resource scheduling tool that does everything a standalone Multi-resource scheduling tool does – but, as part of a complete construction software package, you don’t need to flip between screens to schedule resources. Workers, supplies and heavy tools are the resources you can schedule to keep your project on time and on budget.
Assignar integrates with other applications you may use, including accounting software and customer relationship management software. Assignar also has its own modules that perform these tasks and more. Here’s what to expect from Assignar’s Multi-resource Scheduling.
- Store reports concerning preventative maintenance and equipment repairs.
- Keep permits and other compliance documents current and a keystroke away and accessible from your dashboard.
- Assignar provides an easy-to-understand graphical user interface that lets you plan resources to meet demands. It makes sure men, material, and machines (3Ms) are ready to use on site and the job site demands are not conflicting with other sites.
- Provides support for the 3Ms based on availability and qualifications. Also, the software allows for creating assignments automatically and “smart” shifting of existing assignments.
- The software optimizes daily assignment planning for workers and equipment that help operations be more efficient or in adhering to Service Level Agreements (SLA).
Multi resource scheduling for construction contractors
One thing that sets Assignar apart from competitor Multi-resource scheduling programs is its pricing and dedication to the construction industry. Assignar follows the way construction contractors work. Especially for large construction companies, Assignar is a cost-effective alternative to programs currently available in the space.
Request a demo