Strategic Construction Management Ensures Successful Allocation of All Company Resources
Successful project planning requires a careful balance between workforce allocation and equipment positioning. It’s about controlling workflow in a manner that improves resource efficiency while also helping eliminate excessive equipment downtime. It’s about an applied strategic construction management process that enables accurate deployment of certified and trained workers to the right site at the right time while also ensuring that the workforce has full access to all necessary project-critical equipment.
Yet all is not so simple as a few statements about the process of construction project management. To effectively plan and allocate your workforce with the appropriate project equipment requires more than merely learning to establish project priorities, schedule work accordingly, and to balance all related job tasks. In fact, successful strategic construction management requires access to efficient and reliable information feedback, a process that once involved pen-to-paper or spreadsheet-based research, workforce tracking and equipment documentation.
But that old spreadsheet system was and still is often more cumbersome than merely working out planning and workforce deployment on the fly and in your head. Effective cost-reducing project planning requires rapid access to an ever-expanding host of operational variables. And for this to function in a real-time world of mobile construction management, your company must have access to tools that can incorporate many points of information collection, information analysis and information sharing.
Today’s dynamic construction industry environment demands real-time communications that enable your managers and your workforce to balance job tasks, access up-to-date blueprints and site documentations, and ensure that all work flows smoothly from beginning to end.
It’s time to eliminate costly delays, equipment failure and documentation errors. It’s time to ensure that your construction firm places the right workforce and the right equipment on hand at the right time for the designated task at hand.
Six Core Components For Successful Planning and Allocation of Equipment and Workforce
Effective workforce and asset allocation and planning involves many stages of planning. Thus you should not consider the following six core components for successful construction asset allocation as all-inclusive. However, taking control via these six functions will help you simplify the task.
1) Establish a specific program for driving comprehensive management strategy.
2) Dump the Excel software and switch to a full-featured cloud-based construction operations management solution.
3) Control the workweek, including scheduled workforce task load and the equipment operational and maintenance schedules.
4) Take full control over the processes associated with vendors, suppliers and subcontractor teams
5) Invest in employee education, training and skills updating
6) Track daily functions.
Benefits of Full-Featured Real-Time Construction Management Software
If the listed six core components of planning and allocation read simpler than you know it is, don’t worry. The Assignar real-time cloud-based construction operations management software resources can carry even the most aggressive and comprehensive strategic construction management program into complete fulfillment of your requirements and expectations. With Assignar, you can:
- Quickly identify project tasks
- Effectively allocate workforce and equipment resources
- Track labor hours, equipment usage and maintenance, and all associated documentations
- Adjust for flexible deadlines
- Reap the full benefits of mobile communications
- Manage outsource routines and processes
- Resolve compliance issues
- Analyze workflow and material resources
- AND Deploy certified and trained workers with project critical equipment to eliminate equipment downtime
Click here to learn more about Assignar construction software resources.