An Eye For Innovative Trends In 2017 Construction Technology
When weighing in on trends of innovation in construction, it is not unusual to see and hear the chatter associated with BIM, GPS and smartphones. But this is now old-time technology. Think about the current rumors touting the “new form factor” iPhone 8 due out in celebration of the ten-year anniversary of the same product line (Forbes, "iPhone 10th Anniversary: 10 Years Of Trying To Buy The iPhone On The First Day"). It’s a device wrapped in secrecy as though digital technology has just stepped into the public spotlight.
But cell technology is nothing new to the construction industry. Now days almost every fieldworker carries a personal cell phone that is fully equipped with Internet access, memory banks and an integrated keyboard.
So let us set this focus on the biggest new technology trends affecting construction in the year 2017 and beyond. We are looking at innovative technological trends that can improve and enhance:
- Daily construction standards in safety, performance, equipment management and overall company profit
- The building design process
- Routine construction asset controls
- Quality control assurance
- AND many other components within the construction process.
4 Construction-Based Technology Trends of 2017 Worth Watching
Here we are already passing mid-year 2017. And many construction professionals may already be hard-pressed in keeping up-to-date with the latest technological trends. In this limited overview, we will tap the fundamentals of four top 2017 construction-based technological gains.
1) New Concepts in Smart Building Technology
In a technology-controlled global environment, it seems that everything is connected to someone, something, or a grouped combination of both. Homeowners seek to implement smart technology in heating, cooling, lighting, security and more. Offices do the same. It’s a construction-tech theme that demands greater:
- New strategies in business thinking
- Greater attention to research and development
- Awareness in during site planning
- Skill-sets in workers and machine operators
- AND the ability to make quick adjustment toward new construction opportunities and construction strategies.
2) New Standards In Energy-Saving Building Technology
When over 20% of U.S. energy resources ends up powering commercial structures, a demand for new standards in energy-saving building technology is pushing changes into the base construction process. The competitive construction contractor sets focus on whole-building energy-efficient design. The current trend enables contractors to construct energy-efficient commercial buildings that out perform past standards by as much as 70% better efficiency.
3) Jobsite Connectivity
Grab the new iPhone 8. Innovation in construction demands access to an integrated mobile technology system. The process helps streamline jobsite communications and technology. It’s efficient, cost-effective, and improves standards across the board. And we aren’t even talking about the visual benefits of modern mobile video technology.
4) Workforce and Asset Allocation and Planning Software
Innovation in construction management software is not new to 2017. However, each year brings new improvements in the software tools for document management, workforce and asset allocation, and project planning resources. The systems offer better management and control of:
- Employee health and safety
- Service and product quality performance
- Workforce and asset allocation and planning
- Equipment maintenance and dispatch
- AND So many other construction-specific tools for daily jobsite applications.
Click here to learn how Assignar construction technology can help you implement and manage jobsite policies, procedures, standards and more.